Home > Forestry Tools > Axes >
3.5# Dayton 36 Straight
Item #: 35DR36S
Availability: Normally Stocked
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
You Save: $4.76 (10.0%)
Dayton pattern so named for the Dayton, Ohio area. A full-sized felling axe for general axe chores. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75" of overall length and the poll is square.
* Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
* Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
* ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least _ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
* Head coated with red enamel and cutting edge in clear lacquer to deter rust.
* Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
* Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite size and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
* The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.